Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Impossibility is just a kiss away from reality"- Sense8

So.. after binge watching for 2 days, I have finished season one of Sense8! HOLY BOLOGNA. If you don't know what sense8 is, sense8 is a new Netflix Original series that just recently came out around June/July. It's about 8 different people who are all connected to one another. It's a bit complicated to explain so I suggest watching the trailer.

I find the idea of human transcendence so intriguing -it breaks down that wall in us about being alone and definitely hooks me. Although it was a slow start, the show really got better after episode 5. The first few episodes were a little big confusing due to getting to know all the characters and understanding their stories but once you see more of their story, it makes you feel connected to them.

If you're uncomfortable about nudity and sexuality, this show is not your cup of tea. This show really doesn't leave much to imagination. Some parts are violent, but some parts are incredibly sweet and moving. This show covers issues about pride, sexuality, religion, duty, friendship- it's well rounded. It hits all the notes. They also film in 8 different cities, it's crazy beautiful.

My favorite part of this show has to be how the characters understand each other. Despite them living completely different lives, they go through the same emotions and find strength in one another. They help each other in times of need and I think all of us wishes that would happen in real life. To see it on screen makes my heart burst and squeal.

No news whether or not Netflix is going to make a season 2 but I'm crossing my fingers and toes hoping that they do! They have to feed my need to see the sensate all together and kicking ass!! Definitely worth checking out!






x

No comments:

Post a Comment