Sunday, March 1, 2015

Finding Motivation




Ever feel like you need to do something, but you're completely unmotivated to do it? I'm having that problem now! Actually.. I have it quite often which is really bad to say! So don't laugh that I'm attempting to write a post about finding motivation!

Step 1: To find motivation, TAKE A LONG HOT SHOWER! 

I'm not kidding! I do all my best thinking in the shower. I think it's the steam that really helps clear up my mind. Also cleaning and washing the body makes you feel more relaxed and open-minded. Once I'm in there, I think about a lot of things and I always say to myself "once I get out of the shower, I'm going to do it!" - granted that half the time I actually don't, but it's definitely a good start! 

Step 2: Watch a movie. 

I know my steps seem a bit ridiculous but hear me out! Most often I find myself motivated from watching movies. Whether it's a gut-wrenching drama or hilarious comedy, there's always a message that gets across to me. The movies makes my brain work without me doing all the work! 

Step 3. Listen to some good slow jams. 

Slow jams often have the most inspiring lyrics. Listening to lyrics will definitely give you an extra boost to get you going. Not only is it motivating, it's therapeutic. Don't underestimate the power of music people! The Smiths, Wolfton, James Bay, Beck, Norah Jones, Josh Record- just take a listen. 

Step 4. Role model yourself up. 

We all have role models and awesome people we look up to but, we're not them. No matter how hard you try to be like them, you'll never be them. The faster you realize that- less time you'll waste. Instead of trying to be like them, focus on you and focus those characteristics that you like so much and apply it on yourself. Be your own version of your role model. Let your role models motivate you into become the person you want to be. 

Step 5. Talk to someone, or something. 

It's not easy to tell someone you've lost motivation, but it's the best thing to do. That person you're telling will not only listen they'll get you back to where you need to be. They will give you those words that'll push you. OR if you don't feel like talking to someone, talk to something. A wall or a tree or your dog. Doesn't really matter what. Venting out is almost always a good way to find motivation! 

AND if all else fails,

Crawl up into fetus position and cry with the music blasting. It surprisingly does wonders! 


And that's all the tips I have so far. Best of luck to all of you! I am personally struggling right now, so I'm going to take my own advice and take a hot shower! 

Until next time x


No comments:

Post a Comment