Wednesday, June 29, 2016

5 Favorite Movie Music Moments

We often forget about the music in movies. We're so engrossed with what's happening in the scene that the music often becomes an afterthought. After watching Sunday's season finale of GOT and really paying attention on how the music transcends the mood and scenes, I decided to share my favorite music scenes from movies that I love!

#1. Garden State 


Let's be real. This entire movie had an AMAZING soundtrack but the one scene that I loved the most was the final airport scene. Frou Frou's Let Go + Zach Braff running through the airport back to Natalie Portman brought out the hopeless romantic in me. This movie has been around for a long time but whenever I rewatch it, this scene gets me every time.


#2. 500 Days of Summer


Like Garden State, this movie has an amazing soundtrack. However my favorite has to be that every time I watch this movie, I am always captivated with the first 5 minutes. The opening number by Regina Spektor with the childhood reel makes you feel things! Makes you feel nostalgic yet ready to see the characters, does that make any sense?  (btw ignore the first 2 minutes)

#3. Amelie


This is a beautiful French movie. If you haven't seen it, definitely hop on Netflix and give it a go. It's uplifting, funny and quirky! It's like the most french movie you'll ever watch- but it's a wonderful movie! I forgot what scene this song plays but I LOVE this soundtrack. Definitely give it a listen!


#4. Begin Again

This movie is one giant soundtrack. My favorite scene is the one where they're all on the roof and they're just singing and playing- it's a beautiful vibe and you can really feel it offscreen. Makes you want to pull up a chair and listen to them play all night on the roof. 



There's one scene in this movie that Mark Ruffalo's character says that really conveys what I'm trying to say. 


Cheesy? Yea- well cheesy is nice sometimes.

#5. She's the Man


Okay- so She's the Man is one of my all time favorite movies. It's an adaptation of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. It's hilarious with hot guys, I literally wished I lived in this universe. It's filled with sassy ass one liners- Anyways! There's a scene at the end where Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum are playing around on the field and- there's really no rhyme or reason why I like this scene, but I do. And you can never go wrong with a little All American Rejects.


xx 
Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment